i love schedules. i love planning. i love to-do lists. i love goals.
that being said, new year's day is *almost* as fun as christmas for me. there is something so satisfying about reviewing your life, identifying areas that need improvement, and creating a game plan for yourself to ensure an even better year. here are some of my resolutions for the big 2018:
1. get all A's. i'm going back to school!!!! i am SOOO excited. i had to stop when i got pregnant with storie because i was so sick, so i am pretty stoked to get back into the grind of reading and studying. i'm going to focus on getting an A on each individual assignment, quiz, paper, etc, instead of just aiming for a top letter grade at the end of the semester that seems so far away the first day of classes.
2. write a blog post every week. let it be known!! this is my accountability statement. i really want to challenge myself in taking time each week to document something on my little corner of the internet. follow along. my thoughts are often scattered and my jokes are consistently mediocre. it will be a fun time.
3. read the book of mormon every two months. super excited about this one! the book of mormon is a religious scripture that supports the bible's testimony of jesus christ that i really want to become more familiar with. i have six inexpensive copies of the book (you can purchase your own here! #sponsored #justkidding) that i am going to read through the year with a different focus for every two month period.
january-february: promises that God makes to us
march-april: how to be a better mother
may-june: how to be a better wife
july-august: how to more effectively communicate with God
september-october: how to overcome and persevere through hard times
november-december: learning more about God
feel free to join me!! you can learn more about the book of mormon and my religion here.
4. participate in a half marathon. i've always Hated running (capital H so you know it's real). i would love to get better at this form of physical activity and maybe just hate it (with a lowercase h) by 2019.
5. be patient with myself. 2017 taught me that i am actually very rude to myself. SAD! i have absolutely no patience with myself and get extremely frustrated when i don't act, think, or perform to the unattainably high standard i have set for myself. i found myself having a very black and white mindset with every situation: if i wasn't perfect, i completely gave up. if i wasn't performing as well as i wanted myself to during a workout, i quit. if i didn't eat egg whites and vegetables for breakfast, i drowned my sorrows in candy the rest of the day. this year, i want to slow down and cut myself some slack. it's okay to not be perfect and it's okay to still love yourself as an imperfect person.
6. reevaluate my progress every month. it's easy to be motivated on january 1st, but not so much on april 14th or september 29th. i want to make a conscious effort to follow up with myself and make sure i am still on track to achieving my goals. something that i am utilizing to help me with this is this amazing PASSION PLANNER (not sponsored at all, i am just obsessed with it)! it is a planner/organizer/calendar/to-do list that also has a huge emphasis on goal setting and goal achieving. i am so excited to use this to stay excited about self improvement all year long.
2018 IS OUR YEAR LET'S DRINK WATER LET'S USE FACE MASKS LET'S LIKE EACH OTHER'S SELFIES LET'S TAKE OUR VITAMINS LET'S BE NICE TO EACH OTHER LET'S KILL THIS NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!